Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Despite Diagnosis and Prognosis, I am HEALING!!

Nearly 20 years ago, my body started to change. Until then, even after having 7 children, I could eat whatever I wanted and never gain weight. But at 40 I started swelling. My body temperature deregulated. I couldn't sleep through the night. My back ached, my nerves screamed and my feet burned. My legs, arms and stomach became enlarged and felt like I was bruised all over. A mysterious and violently itchy rash surfaced, and no matter how much I exercised or dieted or did without, I could not take off any weight. My food choices and exercise lifestyle were healthy, but my weight gain was uncontrolled. This went on for years while I put on 80 lbs.
Of course I was going to my doctors, but the only help they could give me was prednisone for the itch,
neurontin for the nerve pain (used for epileptics), unhelpful diet advice, and a diagnosis of obesity.
My prognosis was that I was completely unable to lose weight, that I would continue to swell up and become more hideous each year so that I would need to get a good psychiatrist, as well as wearing compression garments 24/7 for life.
But I could not and would not accept that diagnosis. My instincts told me that my outward symptoms were a manifestation of an internal disruption.Where were the answers? Knowing that I could heal, and knowing that there was an answer, I desperately looked for clues, terrified that I would put on another 80 lbs and not recognize my pain-filled self anymore.
As a natural researcher, much of my past 20 years has been spent searching for real solutions instead of the whack-a-mole symptom knockout remedies that never addressed the cause of the dis-ease. Copious notes, careful records, copies of the most relevant research and countless books multiplied on my shelves as I took on the task of curing myself. This led to my recognition of the answers when they came.
Two months ago, in September of 2016, I met a doctor who practices FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE. He is also a naturopath, a chiropractor, a homeopath and is versed in the uses of essential oils. FINALLY here was someone I could lean on for putting the pieces of the puzzle together for me.
At the heart of my issues were severe heavy metal/chemical toxicity, leaky gut and chronic yeast infections. All the antibiotics, birth contols pills, NSAID pain killers and prescriptions I had taken over the years had totally worked against me, causing severe adrenal fatigue, heart valve issues, liver and kidney toxicity and incredibly clogged lymph nodes.  They wiped out my adrenal glands, affecting other hormonal glands.

I am HAPPY to report, however, that only two months later, with the homeopathic/natural remedies and careful prioritizing of applications and dosages, I have lost 20 lbs, my arms, legs and stomach have reduced noticably in size, I have dropped down one pants size, my inflammation and swelling have dramatically lessened and my heart/liver/kidneys and lymphatics are healing rapidly. I have full confidence that these natural remedies will restore my health. The journey to renewal has begun.--Erica Cabacungan