Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Fermented Foods vs Coconut Oil and my Leaky Gut

I've become quite accustomed to doing muscle testing whenever I want to try a new food, or whenever someone tries to sell me on a product that is supposed to be the latest "miracle cure" for what ails me.  I know that kombucha and fermented foods with their prebiotics are supposed to heal leaky gut and repopulate the gut with the right microbiome ingredients.  But whenever I test if I should have any, I get a very definite NO!.  I tried making my own with organic ingredients.  I tried flavoring it with flavors I like.  Again, NO!!!!  I tried it without caffeine, as I don't do well with caffeine.  NO!!!  Kimchee?  No.  Kefir?  No.  Kevita?  No.  Sauerkraut?  only a little bit.   These prebiotics and fermented foods are just not for me.

Now coconut milk, coconut cream, coconut oil (fractionated or solid) are all an entirely different matter, and those get a high thumbs up every time.  Definite YES for me.