Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Plumping up like a Chicken!

Last night I suffered from insomnia and hot flashes again after having mostly gotten rid of them with dietary changes these last 3 months.   I weighed myself and had put on 5 lbs in 24 hours. Good Grief!!!  What had happened to me?!! 
All About Rotisserie Chicken - Betty CrockerI started muscle testing myself to find answers.  Was it the blend of essential oils I had used for my knee pain?  Was it the calming blend I had created to help me sleep?  No to both.  Then what could it be?  Was it something I ate?  Yes.  What did I eat out of the ordinary?  For dinner I had picked up a rotisserie chicken at a grocery store I don't usually buy them from.  I ate a leg and a wing.  Was it the chicken?  Yes, but no........it was not the chicken itself exactly, but the additives and hormones the chicken had been plumped up with.  Overnight I too had been plumped up.  GROSS!!!   I feel so violated sometimes when I find out what is being put into our foods--even those we thought would be healthy.  Is that why I suffered from insomnia, hot flashes and inability to lose weight for 20 years?   I think that it was a major player in my dis-ease and a factor that enabled other imbalances to occur.   And to think I fed the same hormone-laden poultry to all my family all those years.  It just makes me sick------quite literally.