Sunday, December 4, 2016

Unexplained Swelling and Body Aches--Mystery Solved!

My husband has been suffering from unexplained headaches and body aches for the past week and a half.  We tried all the usual remedies, but couldn't account for the location or severity of the symptoms.
I also had been experiencing backaches and fatigue, and I noticed that my arms and hands had swollen a little bit--not like an allergic reaction, but like an intolerance to something I ate--so that my watch and ring were snug instead of loose.  This bothered me because I've been working so hard to reduce my arm/ankle/stomach swelling, and I'd made lots of progress.  So why the backslide?
... Tips for Thawing and Roasting Thanksgiving Turkeys – TownSquareBuzzI had a memory surface in my brain about how my husband reacted when he took cholesterol statin medications.  Each time he'd get the same overall body aches.  So I had to trace back what we had both been eating for a week and a half.   Bingo!!!   The turkey.  I've been feeding him turkey sandwiches and making soups from the leftovers from Thanksgiving Dinner 10 days ago.  I'm certain that it wasn't turkey itself, but that it was the chemicals and hormones the turkey was fed that made it intolerable to our systems.
We stopped eating the turkey and the headaches and muscle aches disappeared within a few hours.
Perhaps when you feel swollen, bloated, achy or pained, you could trace back what you felt to what you ate.  The swelling in my hands, wrists, arms and stomach went down as soon as I stopped eating the turkey in any form.  Diet makes a huge difference.  Is there something you are intolerant to as well?