Wednesday, February 8, 2017

I've actually been losing weight and diminishing pain with the Ketogenic diet

I've noticed a big difference in my ability to lose weight when I'm eating a high fat-low carb diet, using meat proteins as the base.  It sounds counter-intuitive that if you eat fats you'll lose fat, but it actually works.  I'm detoxing from heavy metals and chemicals in my system as well.  My ankles and wrists no longer puff out.  My ring size and pants size have gone down.  I can wear shoes that were too tight a few months ago.  When I started reintroducing fruit and nuts into my diet, I stopped losing weight, so I'm concentrating on meats again.  Prior to that I lost an average of 2 lbs per week, even though I was told for 20 years I would NEVER be able to lose weight. 
And for 20 years, no matter what I did, they were right.  But putting myself in the hands of a superior functional medicine doctor in Salt Lake City Utah, has most likely saved me from an early death by heart attack or stroke.  He is the one who is determining my diet, step by step, and directing my detoxification at a slow pace that my body can handle.  Perhaps there is something about this diet for you to try.