Thursday, February 16, 2017

Comfort Foods and Ketogenic Diet.......Is that an Oxymoron?

I have been following a very strict diet in order to regain my health.  GMOs, heavy metal and chemical pollutants, radiation, parasites, yeast infections.......you name it, I was affected by it.  And they all took a toll on my physical well-being.  So my diet has been largely ketogenic, and for the first time in 20 years I have been able to start to heal and to lose weight.
However, there is an emotional component to healing.  I find that eating foods I like actually increases my level of adrenaline.  Associating with comforting sounds, objects and even meals helps me ground myself, and again my adrenal levels go up.  When my diet is harshly restricted to where I am not eating anything comforting or emotionally warming, my adrenal energy levels sag.  I find that I have to create versions of my comfort foods that stay within the boundaries of my diet.  Easier said than done.......?  Yes.  But worth it.