Monday, August 5, 2013

I Have a SYMPTOM called Lipidema (Lipedema)

There is danger in giving a name to a condition.  To carry the burden of "having a disease" can be discouraging--especially when that "disease" has no cure, no treatment, no hope of reversal, as with the current status of lipidema in medical research.
In fact, I reject the "disease" and prefer to consider my condition only as a symptom of a dis-EASE, or im-BALANCE somewhere in my body.  Lipidema is not a dead end.  It is rather a great clue to a complex mystery.
  It involves
metabolism, immune systems, hormones, capillaries, digestion, mineral balances and other intriguing signs.  I do not suffer from lipidema.  Rather, I am challenged and intrigued by it.  And I do have hope--lots of it--that with God's help and inspiration, we will solve this mystery together..
Betty B. Ready
"In God We Trust"
see also www.lipedema.com, learntobereadyblog.com, bereadyinc.com