Thursday, November 12, 2015

Lipid-ema or Lip-edema? or something else?

I have two blogs on the topic of my experiences with lipedema because the name makes sense with two spellings, one accenting the lipid retention + water, and the other accenting the water retention + lipids.  Both are correct descriptions.  Both are nicer descriptions than "heavy leg syndrome" or "painful fat syndrome", though those are both correct descriptions as well.  I could think of a few more, like "can't bend over the pad of fat in my gut" or "I can feel my legs swelling up" or "can't kneel because my legs are too tight" or "why is it so hard to put socks on" syndrome. There's "Oh, my gosh, did you realize you've swollen up like a balloon?!" syndrome, or "I've stopped looking at the bathroom scales".   I'm sure you've got descriptions of your own as well.